How to find us
Please be aware that the Bridge at Grayrigg is closed for repair and will be closed until April 2019, so you are not able to get to use via Grayrigg.
Find Flatt Farm
Please be aware that the Bridge at Grayrigg is closed for repair and will be closed until April 2019, so you are not able to get to us via Grayrigg.
- Travelling from Kendal, on the Appleby/Tebay road, coming past the Front of The Queen Katherine School, passing the Honda Dealership on the left and passing the turning for Morrisons and Aldi on the left. Take the next left turn, this is signposted Mealbank, Patton and Whinfell.
- Travel along this road until you come to the bridge on the left, come over the Bridge and bare right off the Bridge. You will now drive through Mealbank, passing the houses on the left, and the turning for the Mealbank Industrial Estate on your right, continue up the hill, you will continue on this road for a few miles.
- You will pass Hipshow Riding Stables on your left. Then Patton Hall Farm on your right. Continue up this road, it will then level out.
- Next you will begin to come down the hill passing a few properties, passing a road turning left, do not turn left continue over the Bridge, this is Patton Bridge. You will pass another turning on your left for "Top Thorn", and then immediately a turning on the right, do not take either the left or the right turn just continue on the road. You will come past a farm on your left, this farm is called ‘The Borrins’ after this farm you will come to a left fork in the road, do not take this fork, stick right and continue up the hill, you will pass the ‘School House’ and ‘The Chapel’ on your left.
- At the top of this road turn left for the Kennels (turning right will take you to Grayrigg) we are on this road about a quarter of a mile on the right hand side.
Please do not use Satnav it will take to you the wrong property.
The Grayrigg route is a lot more straight forward and we apologise for the inconvenience caused. Once you get to know this route it is the more direct route and will save you 2 miles each way.
Please don’t forget we do offer a pick up and drop off service at a small charge, if you find this more convenient please give us a call and we can arrange this with you.